It came to my attention recently that I'm always broke. OK, so it wasn't a grand revelation-my bank account has been telling me this for years-but it finally dawned on me: I don't have to be.
For the first time in....I don't really know, maybe ever....I sat down and took a long hard look at my finances and decided it's time to make some changes.
My husband (Brant) and I waffle between being responsible with our funds and being absolutely frivolous. We never purchase big ticket items (I think our TV was made in 92), he has no credit cards, I have a couple that are pretty much maxed out...we both work full-time but our money is always gone nearly 24 hours after every paycheck. So where does it all go, you ask? Great question...
To bullshit, really. As I perused receipts, bank statements, loan balances, etc...I realized we simply waste hundreds of dollars every month on things we don't need.
We all do it, don't we? Justify spending that extra $50 on a night on the town, or new shoes or whatever. I'm turning over a new leaf and will start pinching pennies and looking towards the future instead of seeking instant gratification through spending.
That said, I've also realized I'm a whiz for finding furniture, necessities, food at ridiculously low prices and maybe I can guide you all to saving money in the long run, too.
Stay tuned to find out how I found my amazing wedding photographer for only $150, how I purchased a king-sized bed for $75, how I saved $200 on learning my own car repairs, financing a trip to Florida for 2 for less than $300 and so much more.
We're all broke these days, and it's a horrible feeling. But remember, you're not alone. Let's get through life on a budget and have a fabulous time in the process.
No comments:
Post a Comment